Jefferson County Community Partnership (JCCP) was formed in 1994 with the purpose of creating partnerships between civic organizations, churches, businesses and government agencies and is one of 20 community partnerships in Missouri.
This unique partnership between community stakeholders, business leaders and state government was born out of concern to help improve the lives of Missouri’s children and families and focus on six core results areas as the focus.
- Parents Working,
- Children Safe,
- Children Ready to Enter School,
- Children & Families Healthy,
- Children & Youth Succeeding in School
- Youth Ready to Enter the Work Force.
The twenty partnerships are governed by Family and Community Trust (FACT). The nine-teen member FACT board is drawn from top leadership in state government and the private sector to govern the work of local community partnerships across the state.
The FACT Board Members include:
- Mike Downing, Acting Director, Missouri Department of Economic Development
- Bailus Tate, Past Executive, Black Economic Union
- Kathryn Swan, President, JCs Wireless
- Loretta Prater, Retired Dean Emeritus, College of Health and Human Services, Southeast Missouri State University
- Jennifer Tidball, Acting Director, Missouri Department of Social Services
- Lowell C. Kruse, Senior Fellow, Heartland Foundation
- Anne L. Precythe, Acting Director, Missouri Department of Corrections
- Zora Mulligan, Commissioner, Missouri Department of Higher Education
- Steve Renne, Missouri Hospital Association
- Blanche Touhill, Chancellor Emeritus, University of Missouri
- Ann K. Covington, Retired Chief Justice, Missouri Supreme Court
- Mark Stringer, Director, Missouri Department of Mental Health
- Jack Craft, Senior Attorney, Lathrop and Gage
- Roseann Bentley, Associate Commissioner, Greene County Commission
- Margie Vandeven, Commissioner, Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Charles A. (Drew) Juden, Acting Director, Missouri Department of Public Safety
- Bret Fischer, Acting Director, Department of Health and Senior Services
- Tammy Cavender, Acting Director, Department of Labor and Industrial Relations
- Michael A. Middleton, J.D., Interim President, University of Missouri System
The FACT staff includes:
Jefferson County Community Partnership was established in 1994 under the name Jefferson County Community Assistance Network (JCCAN). The vision of this group was for citizens of Jefferson County to work together by creating partnerships throughout the county. These partnerships were composed of individuals who represented various segments of the county, such as churches, government agencies, parents, businesses, social service agencies, schools etc.
Four Missouri State Departments and several private foundations were invited to be part of a Missouri initiative to create Community Partnerships in March of 1995. At the time, seven Missouri communities were involved in this initiative. In May 1995, JCCAN was selected as a community collaborative. This public/private venture was aimed at changing the way service delivery occurred in communities, and involved a focus on collaboration and community-based decision-making.
In January of 1998, the Jefferson County Community Assistance Network was renamed Jefferson County Community Partnership (JCCP). JCCP employed 6 individuals to carry out the mission of the organization. The first two community teams were established in De Soto, Missouri. Educare, a program that provides trainings and materials to child care providers, was established at Jefferson County Community Partnership. A year later, the Parenting Network also joined JCCP to provide resources for low-income stay-at-home parents with children ages birth to five.
Today Jefferson County Community Partnership is composed of 10 staff members and many, many stakeholders and volunteers. Jefferson County Community Partnership has been a catalyst for systems reform in Jefferson County and this unprecedented organization will continue to help create a better future for Jefferson County.
Jefferson County Community Partnership – Board of Directors
President – Marty Boyer, Jefferson County Resident
Vice President – Margie Sammons, Jefferson County Resident
Secretary – Trish Aumann, Jefferson College
Gary Cronin, Jefferson County Resident
Jillian Bissell, Jefferson County Drug Prevention Coalition
Kelley Vollmar, Jefferson County Health Department
Donna Lawson, Enterprise Bank
Rhonda Overberg, ReMax Best Choice
Laura Schmidt, All OUT Wildlife control
Tracy Wiecking, COMTREA
Linda Wolf, NextStep for Life
Nathan Stewart, Attorney
Stuart McMillian, Surdyke Motorsports
Danny Tuggle, JC Transit
Betty Seeley, Jefferson County Resident
The JCCP Board of Directors meeting is every other month on the 3rd Friday at 3 p.m.
The dates for Fiscal Year 2018 are:
- July 21, 2017
- September 15, 2017
- November 17, 2017
- January 19, 2018
- March 16, 2018
- May 18, 2018
JCCP Board Committees meet on the alternating months.
To find out more about becoming a board member, contact: